Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Give Thanks!

In Everything

Give THANKS!

I Thessalonians 5:18





I wish I could say this is where I'm at. It's NOT. My goal, yes! But not my reality. I am part of a book study on Strong Women, Soft Hearts by Paula Rinehart right now. (A great book, btw, if you're looking for a good read!) One of our recent chapter discussions was about Trust. 


"Trust [is] willingness to take your sticky fingers off the steering wheel of you life [and] rest on the risk that, in fact, the goodness of God will catch you when you let go."

If I really believe that "All things work together for good to those that love God." Then trust should not be an issue. right? And if I trust God and believe He truly has my best interest at heart, then the whole 

THANKFULNESS

attitude should be a breeze too. 

Let's just say I have plenty of things to work on.
It's a process, one that must be faced and fought for daily! 



  That said, there are plenty of things on my list of things I'm Thankful for this year.
*Grace 
 (that is greater than all my sin.) 
*Peace 
(that  passes all understanding.)

* a faithful husband

* 5 healthy children
* a warm house
* never wondering where our next meal will come from

the list goes on and on! 

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Our day was spent my favorite way--at home with the fam!

I made our free turkey yesterday, so today was all about relaxing and spending time with the kids! 
(and yes, that technically means we had leftovers for Thanksgiving dinner! oh, well, no one seemed to mind)
Our Thanksgiving Tree
  
I've seen rather elaborate versions of these and I'm not typically a fan of decorations of the construction paper sort, but we were using what we had around the house and the kids were loving it just the same. Construction paper or fancy smancy, it's all the same to them.

 
 a few of the things that made our tree....
football
 beds
coffee
Jesus
lots of toys 
flowers
family
a good job
tissues
Heaven

Give Thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
His faithful love endures forever.
Psalm 107:1

Happy Thanksgiving!


No comments:

Post a Comment