At first glance this appears to be a post about Christmas but don't be fooled. The whole day was another a lesson for me in little boys and their imaginations!
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
It's time to pull the boxes out of the attic. Time to Deck the Halls. Time for twinkly white lights and the scent of fresh evergreen. I admit, I waited until 2 of the boys were back in school this week before I tackled this project. Honestly, I just wasn't sure I could handle that much help. Typically decorating is MY department in this house, and for good reason. Otherwise, our whole house would be randomly plastered with truck calenders and sports players. I consider it my job to introduce a bit of "beauty appreciation" into my little men. Ok, so maybe they don't appreciate it but at least they're being introduced to the concept and in the meantime, I'll do the appreciating!
So when I say my children and I decorated together, does it bring charming visions of warm fuzzy feelings? Of family members working together? Of sharing and and taking turns? Of little hands holding ornaments and sweetly handing them to me as my house is transformed??
Warning! Your fantasy visions are about to be crushed almost as quickly as my patience was used up! Who knew? Christmas stockings are not for hanging on the mantle, they're for wearing to "skate" on the kitchen floor. Who knew? Berry Garlands are not for decorating the tree, they are for tug-o-war.
Who knew? Lights strings are not for greens and garlands, they are for tying up naughty children.
(I'm kidding of course!)
Who knew?
I decided to unpack the plastic Nativity set and let them set that up. They played very nicely with that for all of 5 minutes before they figured out it'd be more fun to launch baby Jesus off the roof of the stable. Where do they come up with this stuff?
A bit of MY handiwork.
| The Reason for the Season |
I told you I'm in charge for good reason!
(Not because my skills are exceptional but because my competition isn't real stiff!)
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
The rest of our day included Baby Jesus and Lightening McQueen (now there's a likely combination for ya!) taking a spin (or 50) in the salad spinner.
And when I asked the reason for this....
(dinner left unfinished on his plate)
He told me, "It's to scared for me." Yup, that's us, always looking out for others. Please don't eat the tortellini if it's trembling in fear. Can't argue with that!
Here's hoping your holiday decorating is as entertaining as mine! Life would be so dual without my little "helpers!"
No comments:
Post a Comment