Remember This?
Now it looks like THIS!
(yeah! happy dance! =)
We had "bought" these guys at our youth fundraising "slave auction." They came with power tools and energy to spare!
The hubs and I were impressed and quite pleased with how much they got done!
I tried to make sure I fed them well. They deserved it!
We threw the brush on an pile and burned it. Since it was still fresh they were having a little trouble getting it started so they decided to throw on the trash from our can, including (unknown to them) the empty spray paint can I threw out early in the week. BOOM! yeah, that kept things exciting for a bunch of young guys!
Food. Fire. Explosions.
(yes, there were 2. the hairspray can wasn't near as impressive though.)
Everything you need to keep boys happy!
BEFORE.
AFTER.
BEFORE.
AFTER.
Feels WONDERFUL to have that project done before winter! It would have taken us weeks/months to do it on our own. Thanks Guys!
A few weeks ago Garry also rented a skid loader to make a bigger parking area so he can park his truck and trailer here at the house.
While the skid loader was here I asked if he could quickly pull out the U.G.L.Y. half dead bushes that were blocking the sidewalk along the side of the house.
"Sure! that won't take long," he said. He was right. Took about 5 minutes to get them out and haul them down to the burn pile.
Getting the skid loader back up to the top of the hill, that was a little more time consuming!
(to the tune of 2 hours)
More than once, I had the Durango floored, in 4 wheel drive and he was still pulling ME backwards.
Sometimes things just don't go as planned.
This is what I found when I came in from that little adventure.
I think someone might have been watching out the window.
They make me smile! =)
"Sure! that won't take long," he said. He was right. Took about 5 minutes to get them out and haul them down to the burn pile.
Getting the skid loader back up to the top of the hill, that was a little more time consuming!
(to the tune of 2 hours)
More than once, I had the Durango floored, in 4 wheel drive and he was still pulling ME backwards.
Sometimes things just don't go as planned.
This is what I found when I came in from that little adventure.
I think someone might have been watching out the window.
They make me smile! =)
looks lovely, however, i reeeaaallly like that 2nd story porch! :) Esther
ReplyDeletewow!! such drastic changes! looks so great! will be happy to see it in person, sometime.
ReplyDelete