Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Monday, November 14, 2011

Eleven-Eleven-Eleven

The perfect day for an ELEVENTH birthday!!!


I really thought there must be a way to plan a party for 11:11 a.m. but since he invited the other 11 boys from his class at school, it seemed as though there might be an obvious hole in the class if we tried that.

So we settled for an after school party.

Only about half of the 11 invited were able to come but that doesn't mean they only had half as much fun.



Football.

Treasure Hunt
(with 11 clues, of course!)
No pictures--I couldn't keep up!
Oh.My.Word. did we have energy or what?? 



Hot Dog Roast
(interpreted by boys as "playing with fire" -- interpreted by mothers as
"make your own dinner," everybody's happy =)


And then several hours of  "Kick the Can" in the dark.
They LOVED it. We tried several times to put the game on hold long enough to 
roast marshmallows and make smores but they were not to be convinced.
Did I mention LOTS of energy??

Since there seemed to be enough chaos in the barn already without the addition of lit candles, we opted to save his cake for Saturday, when we had his birthday dinner as a family. Tradition in our house is to choose a favorite meal for your birthday. 


Hamburgers, French Fries and Salad. Mmm!


 He wanted a sports theme for his birthday and I knew when I found this cake online that it was just what we needed. It was by far one of the simplest birthday cakes I've made! A simple 9x13 sheet cake cut in the shape of home plate. Add some crushed graham crackers for the "dirt." The directions  were to use a special Wilton dish/pan to bake 2 halves of the ball and then put icing between, blah, blah, blah......Way to much trouble and expense for this girl. I used my previous cake pop experience and made one GIANT cake bite (using the extra cake I trimmed off the base) for the ball. It took three coats of white chocolate to cover the cake and get a nice even look but it was still soooo much easier than trying to get icing smooth and neat! Add a little store bought writing gel from the bottom of the drawer since who knows when and WAH- LA!


 If it has a red
"P" on it, it makes the boy happy!



Then of course there was a gift or 2.




I think he likes it!!
You can read the story of the jersey here, but please don't tell the boy.
It'll be our little secret. k?
Not that he would really care....it has a red "P" on it!

No birthday (and certainly not a Golden Birthday) would be complete without a photo shoot.


 And so we
CELEBRATED
 a special boy.

on a special day.

with special food.

and special friends.

and MEMORIES were made!





No comments:

Post a Comment