Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Mama's Day Off

Yes, it's true. Every once in a great while this Mama with 5 Kids gets a W.H.O.L.E. Day O.F.F!!  My Mother came to stay with the kids on Friday while I did a host of errands, some of which had been put off for a looooonnngg time. 

My first stop was the Produce man.  A friend introduced me to this  local farmer who sells fresh produce from a little shed every Friday. You never know what you might find there. This week I was Thrilled to find Pummelos. We discovered these on our trip to Florida this winter and they are my newest favorite breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dessert, bedtime snack (you get the picture.) They look and smell like a jumbo grapefruit but their flavor is not as tart. Mmm! so yummy!

Yes, that's an average size orange there.

Mmmm! fresh citrus-y goodness!
Already having a wonderful time, I set out for a couple more  boring  routine errands but I got sidetracked. Every week I pass the Royer's Flower shop sign that advertises  B1G1 free on Fridays but I never stop, not with 3 little people in tow. This time I stopped and splurged on a little bit of "springiness" to brighten my kitchen. I love fresh flowers on my table but rarely spend the money for them. When I do it's typically the $3.99 bunches at the grocery store. I felt so special and classy as I waited for her to carefully wrap them in tissue paper and tie them with a pretty green bow, just for me! (Well, kind of! Since I'm really to cheap to splurge like that [all of $10]  on myself I "paid" my babysitter with half of them.)


They make me SMILE!
I had chocolate for breakfast (or maybe that was my lunch!) and.....

.....Coffee for dinner!

I found this fun little project to add a little extra spring to my kitchen window.

I wasted spent a couple of hours treasure hunting at the Goodwill Bargain room. Another place that is just NOT fun with little people. I have to admit it was a lot dirtier and more disgusting in there then I remembered but it's amazing what you can put up with for a great deal!! Next door in the regular GW store I picked up some good deals too. How could anyone pass up this super adorable little thing for only $2.50??


Okay so maybe my spring fever is slightly completely out of hand.....I'm sorry, it's JUST TO CUTE!! FYI, shopping for bathing suits is a lot more fun when fat legs are still cute, people admire your fat rolls and if your little tush is hanging out nobody minds......this is NOT my personal lot in life, however!


Before heading home I decided to stop in and check out one more of those places that I drive by "all the time" and never stop because it's not worth buckling and unbuckling 4 seat belts and dragging little people,  just to check it out. A fabric outlet, literally 5 minutes from my house and almost next door to one of the places I regularly get groceries. Oh what fun!!! Upholstery fabric, buttons, trim, lace do-dads........all kinds of goodies. Definitely not a place for little boys but it almost made me wanna get out my sewing machine and create a sweet little something for the baby girl to wear. I used to know how to sew, I made my wedding dress, but my biggest accomplishment in the past 5 years is some straight curtain panels. Hmmm! maybe someday when I get my house organized, my laundry caught up and the dishes are all done.....I'll let you know if it ever actually happens!

Goofball!!

I came back to this crazy place I call home.....exhausted but refreshed.......somehow the munchkins are always cuter and more lovable after a little break!!!  And then just because I'm spoiled rotten and I have the most generous sweetheart e.v.e.r. I went out Saturday morning for the first Yard Sales of the season. It was C.O.L.D! but the feeling has returned to all my digits and I'm counting the days till Saturday rolls around again!! Stay tuned for the best deals of the season.

Finished the weekend off with a Birthday Party for a cousin. There were science experiments, slimy things, things that blow up and eatables with food coloring as a main ingredient ....The boys LOVED it!!


No comments:

Post a Comment