Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Sunday, September 8, 2013

Farewell Summer

Such craziness around here the past couple of weeks. I thought my life would slow down a bit with the arrival of the big yellow bus, at least between the hours of 7 a.m. and 2 p.m. but suddenly out of nowhere came project after project.

So much handsomeness we had to split them up into 3 different school buildings this year.
 3 different Back to School Nights
3 different schedule systems
3 different sets of fundraisers
3 different lunch menus 
My organizational skills are already over taxed!


 First Day of First Grade


 Off to the Middle School
First Day of Fifth Grade
He thinks he's pretty big stuff!


 First Day of Seventh Grade
(this picture thing is not as cool as it used to be)



And with that, Summer officially ended. Sniff!
I'm never ready for return of homework and schedule and early mornings.
Thankfully they were (in varying degrees) so the transition has been fairly smooth.

********

So I sent them off with backpacks and folders lunch boxes and water bottles, new shoes and cool erasers. All the important stuff. :)
And I turned into house-wifey Hilda!
I don't have a garden here so I am ever so grateful for friends who share their abundance but it doesn't come with much warning.
When I arrived at church last week I found a box of tomatoes for me.
My sister bequeathed her green beans to me when she left the country.
And I already had 5 baskets of apples waiting patiently in the basement.
So there was some of 

this...

a lot of this...


a bunch of these...


and a bit of this...

 
plus 50 quarts of applesauce and 6 batches of homemade granola,
along with the usual grocery shopping and
three meals a day.
Sometimes I wonder what percentage of my life revolves around food.
I'm not complaining! I feel very blessed!
I enjoy cooking and serving my family this way and I am grateful to have plenty of healthy food to offer my growing men.
But I'm ready to think about something else for awhile now.

Maybe I should start with filling out those fundraiser papers.
Anybody wanna buy magazines or coupon books, or maybe support my 'Race for Ed' runners?

No comments:

Post a Comment