I was so looking forward to girlie party ideas. I've used up all my fun boy ideas and then some, so I thought girl parties would open up a whole new line of ideas. Too bad I'm not into princess-y everything. This was a little tougher than I thought but we finally decided on a watermelon party. And as usual, I might have had more fun pulling it together than she had at the party but we're both happy that way!
The Menu
tortilla roll ups
chips & fresh salsa
(I thought my green [guacamole] chips were pretty cool.)
(I thought my green [guacamole] chips were pretty cool.)
jello
cake
ice cream
licorice
(& drum roll please)
WATERMELON
and watermelon lemonade
Since she is into all thing 'pinkalicious' (as she calls it) I picked up a
strawberry cake mix on a whim at the grocery store.
What could be better than pink cake?
Um, lots of things, unless you're turning 3.
I was a little concerned for the flavor so
I added real pureed strawberries to the batter and topped it with
cream cheese icing.
Not bad but I'll be having chocolate for my birthday.
The decorating was easy enough, that's for sure!
We had to borrow a few girls for the party.
All those boy cousins just don't get how cool pink really is.
The boys, however, were much more enthusiastic about the seed spitting contest.
I bought a couple of cute little mini watermelons that I intended to use as bowling balls
but since I was unwilling to allow my family to drink 20 liters of Mt. Dew
in 2 days time
and the craigslist guy never got back to me about the real bowling pins he wanted to sell,
that game was canceled.
The favors.
Watermelon gum & candy, side walk chalk and
a couple of other girlie do-dads.
A few super exciting gifts and some sparklers
to round out the night.
This pic isn't the best quality but it must be included because it just sums up
the fun and feelings of the whole evening!
Thanks J!
Very cute idea!
ReplyDelete