That *ahem* lovely blue flowered stuff is fake tile paneling. Nice, I know.
I figured the walls underneath must be pretty bad if someone thought that stuff was a good idea. I was right! A lot more right than I expected. Good thing there are some good looking, handy, little helpers around here...this was actually one of the nicer walls.
I covered the bottom of the walls with leftover bead board wall paper from Kyra's room. It's not perfect but I find it to be a better option than the fake-y flower-y stuff. I kept the colors simple. The top is Behr's 'toasted marshmallow' and the bottom 'toffee crunch.' It really wasn't supposed to sound like a fattening dessert, it just turned out that way.
I debated for a while if I wanted to add any color to it. There is just something about the simple look that I really liked. I think it might have been that it somehow gave me the illusion of clean, not something my bathroom gets bragging rights on. I only wish....But I knew when I spotted this shower curtain that it was perfect. It adds just a touch of light teal, which I love.
clock -- yard sale $1
candle holder -- yard sale $1
blue candle -- Christmas Tree Shops $1.99
basket -- can't remember, it's been floating around here for years
bicycle canvas (below) -- Ollie's $7.99
shopping your own house -- priceless :)
We ended up replacing the sink. The old one was scratched and nasty and once the hubs took it out to paint behind it I just couldn't bear to put it back in. Yuck! That more than doubled the cost of the project but maybe now the bathroom will get cleaned more regularly if it actually shines a little when it's been scrubbed. Maybe.
The issue of curtains for the windows still remains. The old ones were just something I had around but never really liked, they're not going back up. Any suggestions?
One room at a time we'll get this old house whipped into shape. Up next, the toy room.
No comments:
Post a Comment