(nothing newsy! just
Two big boys are off to school. Two little boys are at the breakfast table "enjoying" breakfast (in a whiny, "my eggs are too hot and there's not enough cream on my bagel," sort of way.) Round 2 is brewing in the coffee pot. Round 1 is already down but not doing the trick.
If I had had a little warning about the "I pooped in my underwear" announcement at 5 a.m. I may have gone to bed earlier. I drug myself out of bed, collecting clean underwear and clothes on the way to the bathroom, expecting the worst. Quite thankful I am that it was really not a big deal, 5 minutes and a couple of baby wipes later he was back in bed, but it's just not my favorite way to start a day.
A few cheerful "chirps" are starting to come from baby girl's room. And now we've moved on from the whiny-s to goofiness at the breakfast table. Soon the eggs will be gone and the full court basketball game will resume in the living room.
Me? I'm still in my pj's (probably only happens about 3 times a year) basking in the fact that there is NOTHING screaming at me to be done today. Ok, maybe I have a bit of selective hearing on that one. I'm pretty sure if a did a short investigation I could find a toilet that might need attention or a closet that could be organized but (sticks fingers in ears and hums loudly) I can't heeeeeaa--r you!! It's been a calmer week here than I can remember since, um, Thanksgiving?? probably. We've had several weekends away which always turn into a week long project of packing and collecting followed by laundry mountains and "catching up." Beyond that and the birthday celebrations I can't even remember what all has kept me stepping but I do know that this idea of deciding what to do with a whole day is a foreign one to me!!
| my most recent culinary experiment-- verdict? -- undecided. |
The big bold 48* at the bottom of my computer screen and the prediction to add 10 or more degrees to that later today makes me consider things like a trip to the park. But that would probably require a change to the previously mentioned pj's status so........we'll see. I am hoping to run the sewing machine for awhile (I'll get a post up on that eventually) and there is a 20 plus lb. turkey thawing in the fridge. Probably ought to pay some attention to him. The cookie box is down to a lonely half dozen. I imagine some boys around here will find that disturbing...... it doesn't look like boredom will have a chance to take over.
But a half hour to sit on the couch and post while the sun beams through the window and my mind is not racing with "I should really be....." has been most relaxing!!
Here's wishing you a wonderful Thursday even if it's not as low key as mine. If you're in my local area, enjoy the taste of springiness!
No comments:
Post a Comment