He said "yes" and off we went, just the two of us. I offered to drive. I figure if you're brassy enough to ask a guy out you might as well go the whole nine yards. Oh, it may have had a little something to do with him not having a license. Maybe.
He was a little confused by my ideas for this date but he patiently agreed to accompany me to the grocery store too. When the grocery list was checked off (and the wallet drained. Seriously, that place is dangerous!) We headed to my new favorite place. At least when ice cream is in the plan. (I have personally treated a family of 7 to ice cream here for about $10. Some pretty tasty good ice cream at that. And yes, everyone got there own except the baby girl, she helped out wherever she could!)
And good ice cream aside, you even get to step on a cow on your way in. It's a highlight I tell you!
But alas, there was no blue ice cream. Green will have to do!
Coffee Toffee chip for me, Thanks!
See, I told you he was handsome and charming!
We had a lovely time!
But we set the camera on the wrong settings. Grrr. Sorry for the blur!
But after all that anticipation, he declared himself "done" after just one bite. Silly boy!
(We brought the rest home to share with Daddy.)
You see, during our grocery run, somebody spotted these...
...and we NEEDED them, BAD!
So we struck a little deal, the boy and I. I buy the band-aids for you and you wear them on your thumb
To BED.
(I find $2.43 to cure a thumb sucker to be a great bargain!)
And from that moment on, the promised ice cream was no longer important.
It was all about the "Angwy Burds band-aids."
And it's working like a charm!! Yippee!!
But it really wasn't about the ice cream in the beginning. It was about spending time, one on one with my little man and we came home with his little "love tank" re-stocked. That's what it's all about!
i saw the bandaid on tue - hope it continues to work...smart idea! :)
ReplyDeleteI too love Udder Choice! Good food at great prices. And quite close to my house. :) Although, sad to say, I think I've only had ice cream there once. GASP! Usually too full for dessert. Glad you had a special date with your son, so sweet!
ReplyDelete