I invited the boys teachers and bus drivers here for a picnic to thank them for their job well done this year. Both of the boys had a really good year and we've learned along the way that most of that falls back to the teachers credit. It's one of those things that has floated randomly through my mind many times in a "that would be really nice" kind of way. But it just never made it to the "actually get on it and get it done" list. But I had several reasons for deciding that this is the year to get it done! Because it was a little bit 'planned at the last minute because I wasn't as organized as I thought I was' impromptu, only 3 of the six teachers/bus drivers were able to be here but we had a great evening.
Mr. Time, Zachary's wonderful bus driver who has been known to deliver Z to the front door on a rainy day or when his mommy just simply forgot to come out to meet him!
///////////////////////////////////////////////////
I tried to do a little outdoor decorating to make it kinda specialish! I didn't have unlimited time or resources....surprise, surprise.....but this is what I came up with.
Couldn't keep the candles lit but that was ok, we were happy for all the breeze, it was toasty out there.
I probably don't need to mention that with little boys playing outside the tricycle didn't stay 'decor' for very long. It's all good though.
Punch and appetizer.
Summer Goodness.
Special thanks to the hubs for helping with the kabobs (and during the Phillies game at that!)
He's sweet like that!!
Dinner Menu: Chicken and Steak Kabobs, Roasted Potatoes, BBQ Beans, Macaroni Salad and Breadsticks.
Came together something like this. Mmm! Yum!
And save room for dessert! Strawberry Pie with the first fresh berries of the season!!
Double Yum!!
It was supposed to be all about the school boys and their guests but guess who tried to steal the show.
And she gets away with it too!
Okay, maybe she has a little competition on that sometimes! It was in the 90's but he insisted on wearing the way too big, cocked at a silly angle, helmet! And who knew a chocolate covered pretzel could be so entertaining??
It was a really fun evening. I especially enjoyed getting to know the teachers better. With 3 little munchkins at home I don't get to go in a volunteer in the classroom so I don't get a lot of interaction with them through the year. I wish I had done this sooner!!! Tyler's teacher has been teaching for 7 years and she told me she's never gotten an invitation like this before.
Go ahead, feel free to steal borrow my idea, the people who are influencing our little people everyday need all the appreciation they can get!!!
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
In other news, it was a great weekend for yard sales!! Gorgeous weather and bargains make a great combination!!!
Craziest Deal of the day.......
.50 cd player with headphones. Yeah, he's about 10 years on behind but he's thrilled to pieces. And I, I don't have to listen to Veggies Tales c.o.n.s.t.a.n.t.l.y. anymore! Whew! just in time!!
Best deals of the day.....an Aeropostle winter coat for me for $1 (quite possibly never worn) and Nike sneakers for the boy who's growing like C.R.A.Z.Y. for $3.
With mixed assortment of other treasures!
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
And we ended our holiday weekend with a wonderful, lazy, day and some super fun pool time with the cousins!
It's gonna be a good summer, I can just feel it!!
No comments:
Post a Comment