Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Thursday, June 23, 2011

Just Like You!

(I'm a bit on behind with this post but on behind is a place I spend a lot of my time so why not??)

On Sunday we celebrated Father's Day. I've noticed that typically on Mother's Day we hear sermons at church on how wonderful mothers are. We hear about all the amazing things they do. We hear how their influence changes world. But on Father's Day the sermon usually goes more like this....."This" is what you need to do better, "this" is where you need to be stronger, "this" is what you're gonna be held accountable for, etc. Now I'm not against either of these things (although I can't say I always buy all that "your amazing" stuff, I have plenty of "you need to do better" areas too) I just think Daddy's could use a pat on the back occasionally too. I suppose it stems mostly from the fact that when it's  a Father preaching it would be a bit awkward to sing his own praises, but it still bugs me. Anyway, enough of my soap box.


At my house there are 4 little boys who really truly do want to be JUST LIKE DADDY! Here's the proof......





Lots of Baseball games going on around here. (In fact, we were so busy with games and tournaments we really didn't even have time to adequately celebrate the great Daddy he is.)



Learning how to make that truck sparkle and shine!


We did surprise him with a pair of golf shoes. (In support of another habit that seems to be seeping down through.)



So together we will work to teach these little men how to be just that MEN. Of course there is a lot more to that job than things like baseball and trucks. (It's just really hard to take pictures of Honesty, Integrity, Patience, Forgiveness and Generosity.) It's something we will only accomplish together. Because Mommy's are not perfect, no matter what it sounds like on Mother's Day. And Daddy's need some affirmation, perhaps from, say somebody like Mommy (ouch, my own toes are getting a bit sore even as I write.)






Because someday, someone will likely turn there sweet little girl over to the love and care of our son. Will he be equipped for the job?? If he is JUST LIKE HIS DADDY the answer will be YES!

No comments:

Post a Comment