Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Savoring Summer!

There are countless reasons to love summer.


We could talk about the sunny skies.....the relaxed schedules....the chance to sleep in (or at least stay in bed a few extra minutes and answer pressing questions like "Is it Tuesday now?" with at least one eye still closed.).....rosy sun-kissed cheeks.....no Homework (yup, Mom's enjoy the break from that as much or more than the kids!) rainbows of flowers.....family vacations....it's a long list!! But one of the best things about summer is the

 F.O.O.D.

We start with juicy, red Strawberries


 

And then we get fabulous Salads  (made fabulous of course by the garden fresh abundance!)
 



 And Corn on the  Cob!! (mmm! the simple perfect addition to every meal)



Not to mention Watermelon. Blueberries. Fresh Tomatoes for those BLT's. Peaches. Green Beans. (they really do taste different when you pick them yourself then they do from those little plastic bags in the freezer section) O Yumminess! 



 Plus we get to break out the grill (ok, so really we do this all year round but it's a lot more pleasant in flip flops than with gloves and scarves :o)



And the best part is it all comes almost completely Guilt Free!!! 



(Well at least until I added a generous helping of those homemade croutons. Blasted things!! I don't care for the store bought ones so I never had to worry about throwing useless calories on my salad until I met these. I've made croutons before with less then stellar results but these babies are my downfall.)

And of course we have to save a few calories for some of these now and then! :o)


What's your favorite summer treat?? 

(I'm thinkin' a Yogurt Parfait with Fresh Blueberries right about now. :o)




1 comment:

  1. Wanna come cook for me? Your pictures look DELICIOUS!

    ReplyDelete