Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Why Mama's are tired....

Wednesday, 11:36 p.m.  I finish my took-three-times-as-long-as-I-thought-it-would-project. (More on that later but for now let's just say it involved LOTS of chocolate) I'm exhausted but I know that leaving the mountain of sticky, gooey, chocolate-y dishes on my counter will only be an invitation for an ant buffet. Since I prefer they dine on my tasty terro traps I run hot water and tackle that pile. 11:47 p.m. dishes are done and maybe, just maybe I can pull off a shower and be in bed yet before midnight.

I quickly sweep up the ant feast on the kitchen floor and that's when a small person shows up and the bottom of the steps. "I have to go potty," he says. I send him back up and tell him to climb back in his bed when he's finished and I will tuck him in when I come up.

Upstairs the Little Miss starts to cry. My investigation on that matter reveals a dirty diaper. I already have the dirty one off when I realize I have no wipes within reach so I transfer operation dirty diaper to another room where there are wipes and lights (can't turn lights on in a room where 2 other little people are sleeping.) The lights reveal the need for diaper rash cream to complete this mission so we move one more time, this time to the downstairs, swinging through big brother's room as we pass to fulfill the tucking promise.

Downstairs I happen upon a bottle, still half full and left on the living room floor. I take it to the kitchen where the light from  the opening of the refrigerator door  reveals that apparently ants enjoy baby formula too. Still toting baby girl I go to investigate the ant situation in the carpet, not hard to spot them, there is a trail, more like an army, of them scurrying along the baseboard heater. Now I need another one of those famous terro traps.

12:03, diaper duty, CHECK, ant population endangered, CHECK, baby girl back to bed, CHECK. Ahhh, finally that shower....warm....steamy....relaxing!!! And finished just as baby girl decides it's not fun to be left alone in her bed in the dark. {tired sigh!} But how can a mama who has been busy all day resist a little snugly rocking time even at 12:17 a.m.....SLEEP, who needs it???..... maybe tomorrow night.....


1 comment: