............................a day when many kind words will be said about many women. Words of encouragement, words of affirmation, words of thanks, and words of love.
I am thankful today for the woman who gave birth to me and for the many things she taught me but
They sacrificed time and energy to share their wisdom with me. They humbled themselves to allow me to learn from their mistakes. And they gave me hope when the journey of turning small, needy, whining, people into men of God sounds overwhelmingly difficult.
To be taught by these women is a gift I can't repay. I can only give thanks for them, pray blessings on them and determine to one day "pay it forward."
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
It was a wonderful day. I did not have breakfast in bed. I was not taken out for a gourmet lunch. The flowers on my table were my own grocery store purchase. But these are not the only things that can make a day special.
We were blessed to be surrounded by family and friends at church this morning as we Dedicated our sweet baby girl. Or perhaps more accurately, dedicated our feeble, faltering parenting efforts to the Lord. He can make good come of them!
We spent the afternoon picnicking in the sunshine. Since everyone pitched in with the food stuffs for lunch we ate well, and I got to enjoy the day too. I failed to calculate one little detail into my picnic plans though. This day is traditionally more about trucks than it is about mother's at our house, thanks to the annual Make A Wish convoy.
| the husband's ride and joy! |
| Us! (in real life!) |
| Us! after plenty of reprimanding and 100's of tries! |
And at the end of the day, after little boys who have played outside all afternoon with cousins and uncles and daddy are bathed there is NO fight to get them to settle, they were asleep in seconds.
The house is quite. The mama is relaxed.
'And the evening and the morning were Mother's Day, and behold it was very Good!!"
No comments:
Post a Comment