I was asked to help plan the Mother Daughter Banquet at our church this year.
 |
| our colors. classy but fun! |
Since my house is all about little boys, I jokingly told someone, "I have to agree to help plan it if I want to be invited." That of course is not true, I do have a mother and actually a daughter too
{but I thought she might be a
wee bit young to enjoy it yet.}
Since I do enjoy, food and flowers and candles and pretty stuffs and chocolate and
fun times with other ladies
.....I agreed.
the food.
 |
| food prep |
 |
| appetizer |
Thank you to
Esther for sharing this lovely piece with us!
the flowers.
the candles.
the pretty stuffs.
 |
| entryway welcome |
|
 |
| table settings |
|
|
the chocolate.
 |
| favors |
I made about a hundred of these chocolate daisy pops for the tables.
 |
| chocolate cake pops |
the fun times.
 |
| "girl chats" over good food. what could be better? |
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
 |
| we tried to include the younger girls and make sure they had some fun and went home with a prize. | |
|
topped off with....
 |
| words of wisdom and encouragement! | |
|
and dessert!!
 |
| did someone say chocolate?? |
 |
| berry tarts |
 |
| key lime and strawberry creme desserts |
 |
| dessert buffet table (calories in all shapes and sizes :o) |
It was a lot of work but it was fun!! We had a great group of ladies working together and as with most things in life, when you work together and everyone does there part, things go smoother, the hard things are shared and it ends up being more fun!! Besides, Mothers and Daughters are truly something to celebrate!!!
gor-ge-ous...'twas VERY sad to miss it! :)
ReplyDeleteHave we met in real life? I'm snooping around trying to figure out who you are. :) Oh yes, I believe we have! At Darrell & Arlyn's place once upon a time??
ReplyDeleteYour cake pops and flower treats are beaUtiful! This whole banquet, actually. Thanks for stopping by my blog . . . nice to "meet" you again. :)
Yes Shelly, way back at D & A's. I think our husbands new each other, maybe went to school together or something too. I found you through Mimy @Enjoying the Scenery. I love how you make everyday life sound so fascinating!
ReplyDelete