Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

the NOT SO TERRIBLE 2's!


I really have to wonder where that phrase "Terrible Two's" came from. Seriously, if there is an age that's my favorite, it'd be this one right here.....

I loved this stage with every one of my kids (lest you think I'm playing favorites here) and I've often wished I could "Freeze" them like this at least for a while.

The tiny baby stage is nice. They smell really sweet and you can sit and hold them and watch them peacefully dream for hours. Yeah, right! At my house they smell like used milk and anything involving sleep is predictably limited in duration.
Baby Doll -- 1 month old (Oct. 2010)


And there is certainly good parts about every age as they get older...
Excuse Me, wasn't it just a few weeks ago that you were 2??

 
but the "two's" are just. SO. MUCH. FUN!  Oh, don't get me wrong, we have those little (and sometimes not so little) "I'll do it my way" scenes at our house too. And his currant favorite word is undoubtedly spelled N-O.

But really, with one quick swoop, I can still pick him up and deposit him on the "time out" spot. (Discipline certainly gets more complicated to administer as they get older/bigger.) Typically, after about 30 seconds there, he decides my way is more workable than he originally realized. 
(Wow. Sometimes I wish I could "get over it" in 30 seconds.)
And yes, sometimes it takes multiple visits to "the" spot but in exchange for all of that, I get this......

In case you're unsure, YES, that is a SMILE!

 ......I just love listening to their little "mispronunciations" and all the other cute stuff they come up with. Like these.......

***The other day he was climbing down from his seat at the table when he reached out a sweet little hand and said "Mom, I wanna use your hand."

*****Today while I was sweeping the kitchen floor he was rather upset about the fact that I "combed"  (sweep = brush .... brush = comb....yeah, I'm following you now) his "piggle toes."

******* These may be some of the sweetest words a mother can hear from a 2 year old's mouth....."Mom, I need more "loccoli," (broccoli) I like "loccoli."

***** And every night, I give him a hug and a kiss before I put him in his crib and tuck him in. Then I move on to do the same for his brother. That's when a little voice says, "Mom, kiss me down here!" It seems good night kisses are just not effective from 24 inches higher. And yup, it works E.V.E.R.Y. time! =)


And besides all of that, he still loves me to pieces No.Matter.What!   I could really learn a thing or two from this boy about unconditional love!!! Actually, I HAVE learned a LOT of things from all of these little people in my house, they're GREAT teachers if you give 'em half a chance

1 comment:

  1. He is adorable! Two is a fun age. I always said before that I wasn't really a "baby person" Somehow or another Lexie has changed this, and man, do I love that she is staying little longer than the average baby. Yeah, I am more tired but I've got to say she is one sweet smelling baby. LOL! Must be all that lotion that we rub into her hair to keep it moisturized. :-)
    BTW, I replied to your comment on my blog . Lexie IS Itty Bitty. She still wears 3 month and 3-6 month clothes and weighs just under 12lbs. But she isn't scrawny and thank goodness she is doing Awesome developmentally or I would be freaking out. Everyone is always saying how tiny she is, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete