Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Monday, April 18, 2011

A Sweet Brother and Refreshing Getaway!!

Last week, [well actually 2 weeks ago now, since it took me an entire week to finish this post] was a TOUGH one at our house!! After much hassle and many phone calls to the Dr. we  started Zachary on a medication which he completely reacted to. That stuff literally turned the poor little guy into a monster. Besides turning his world upside down it made it hard for him to sleep. So I was dealing with his meltdowns on Very Little sleep. Oh yeah, and Kyra was busy pushing her first tooth through so when he was sleeping, she wasn't. Makes me weary just thinking about it!!!


One evening I had to deal with some urgent discipline issues in the middle of Baby Girl's dinner. I set her cereal on the table and left her crying screaming for more. When I came back about 15 minutes later she was happy as could be and the cereal was no where to be found. Now a busy mother can sometimes look right at something and not see it and occasionally I search for something that would bite me if it could. But really, a cereal bowl on a table, those I can usually spot without much trouble. I questioned the most likely candidate, my 10 year old, who knew nothing about what became of the cereal. That's when I found the empty bowl and dirty spoon in the sink with the dirty dishes. That's when a little voice beside me said, "I feed baby Cheera!" You what??? Yup, the little guy took pity on his starving howling sister and did a pretty good job of it too. The bowl was scraped clean and the baby, the bib and the seat were no messier than I had left them.




He's got this Big Brother stuff down, man!


 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


We ended our stressful week by tossing the offending medicine in the trash can and enjoying
a great cabin getaway!
5 High School Friends
Who...
...Married 5 great guys (who actually get along quite well as well)
...have 23 kids + 2 on the way
...get together about once a year
...can pick up and reconnect as if we got together every week
...can and will cover any and every subject of conversation in 2 short days
...challenge, encourage and inspire each other 
to be
Better Mommies
Better Wives 
Better People!
...come home severely sleep deprived and looking forward to next year!!

So Refreshing!!

( I think this is the only weekend of the whole year when I actually F.O.R.G.E.T. to take pictures. not sure if it's the late night sleepy brain. this conversation is too interesting to miss a few second syndrome. or the fact that there are sooo many people in such a small space that it'd be impossible to capture anything orderly or recognizable. But there are NO pictures, not even one!)
 
A sweet treat from a sweet friend will brighten any day!!



And a little more coffee never hurts. =)


1 comment:

  1. poor Zach - & mom! :) but too sweet about the 2 little ones...love that!

    ReplyDelete