Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Friday, January 3, 2014

Goin' with the Snow

 I am snuggled up on my couch. Outside my window is a gorgeous winter wonderland. The kids are off school and I'm conducting an experiment to see how long I can avoid thinking of something to make for lunch. The animal cracker jar is empty, my time is limited.


Any other time when the predicted snowfall is 3-6 inches we would actually get 2. This morning I was scheduled to be at the surgery center by 6:45 and I woke up to 7-8 inches of fluffy whiteness. I pulled on my big girl boots and dug deep down inside for my {long neglected} farm girl muscles to clean off the 4 wheel drive vehicle and side walks. Whoever had the bright idea to park the family van in the barn and leave the SUV out in the snow was really on top of things.


We headed out at 6, arrived with no undue drama and spent 2+ hours waiting for a 7 minute procedure. Literally, from the time they wheeled him away, still awake, until they called me back to consult with the Dr. was hardly 10 minutes. Even though it was quite minor, I am glad to have it behind us, for sure. He pulled through like a champ and we crept safely back home.

I think any day that involves anesthesia is a good excuse for general laziness for the whole family. Currently there is a Monopoly game, an Adventure in Odessey and a bit of napping happening around
me. (The delay of lunch plan lasted all of 4 minutes.) The boys made their 5 minute trek out into the snow earlier this morning, (while Grandma was here to do the boots, gloves, snow pants....routine) but the sub zero wind chill convinced them that it's an inside kind of day. I couldn't agree more. I see a popcorn and movie night in the near future. I also see the dirty kitchen floor and icky bathrooms winning for another day. It's not super motivating to be the one person cleaning while there are 5 people here making messes.


I was happy to see the 'to-do' list actually get some items crossed off while the kids were back in school yesterday but I'm just as happy to have them here again today. There will be plenty of time for schedules in March and April. Of course to many more snow days and we'll still be doing the schedule thing well into June. That may mess with my happiness a bit.



Happy Friday to you whenever you are! I hope it's somewhere cozy and warm, with a working coffee pot nearby!

No comments:

Post a Comment