Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Friday, January 10, 2014

One Party, Two Party, Red Party, Blue Party

My little buddy turned FIVE {5} this week. 
 

It sure doesn't seem that long since I was timing contractions on the way home from my doctor appointment where they assured me that "nothing was happening." Two hours and a bit of scrambling later our tiny 7 lb. bundle was safely in my arms. And yes, we made it to the hospital. 


Since this is his last year at home with me before he starts school, I decided to invite 
a few little friends and throw a party.


Found this adorable free download and added my own text.

School was closed the day of his actual birthday so we had to postpone the party
a few days. I wasn't exactly prepared for all the older siblings to join us too.
We settled for pizza and cupcakes for dinner.



Legos. His one and only request. Not because we don't already have 
thousands of them, but because he needs some that are his very own.
That's pretty important when you're the 4th boy in the family.

Party Time


Make your own 'Cat in the Hat' hat.


"Seuss-O"
(always more fun when played with M&M's)

Playtime

and 

Lunch


The Menu
Green Eggs and Ham{sandwiches}
Hop on Pop{corn}
Go! {Hot}Dogs Go!
One Fish, Two Fish, Goldfish
Fruit pops
Cupcakes
Ice Cream 
Punch


The 'Cat in the Hat' cupcakes were super easy.
1. Use a rolling pin to roll one marshmallow flat.
(I put a heavy pan on top of mine for a few minutes to help them stay flatter.)
2. Dip another marshmallow in melted red coating chocolate.
(This may be easier to find in stores if your child's birthday is a few weeks from Christmas.
 I'm not really sure, I never looked for it any other time.)
3. Attach the dipped marshmallow to a flattened marshmallow using the melted chocolate.
4. Dip another marshmallow in the melted chocolate and attach to the top.
5. When those layers are dry turn the whole thing upside down for one last dip on the top.
 6. Allow the chocolate to harden and place on top of cupcakes that are already frosted.
Bingo! You're done.

What a sweet bunch!

The Favors

I found a whole bunch of Dr. Seuss stuff in the Dollar bins at Target (inspiration for the party)
a couple of months ago, including 'Cat in the Hat' plates and erasers.
Everyone got to take home their plate, an eraser and a book.
(collected from yard sales and second hand stores)


I do believe we made some fun memories for the little man (and his Mama.)
I shall try to focus on the making of more of those in the next few months and not think about
the fact that the big yellow bus will be snatching him away from me all too soon.

Because....

"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go." --Dr. Suess

No comments:

Post a Comment