The second November birthday comes 5 days after the first. After [literally] making a list of options, weighing the pros and cons, and much deliberation, he decided on a Superhero theme. I'm sort of surprised we haven't used that one before but it was still up for grabs.
His actual birthday was on a Saturday. Usually at our house the birthday person gets to choose the dinner menu but when I realized we would not be home for dinner the night before or the night of his birthday I convinced him that we could do a Birthday breakfast. His choice, French toast, bacon (3 pieces for each person :) doughnuts and coffee.
The kids were all playing with markers the night before and I found this fun napkin art on the table when I was ready to set it for breakfast. I thought it was super sweet of his big brother to make it for him but after my photographing, and moments of heartwarming I was informed that in reality, He made it for himself. Silly boy (but I still think it's kinda cool.)
He spent hours cutting, gluing and crafting these 'Supertreats' for his school classmates. I helped a little but he did the majority of it, a plan that worked out well for both of us.
I do appreciate the teacher's gracious smile when I delivered them to his classroom. I may have been her worst nightmare but she didn't let on. Cake + icing + sugar coating + lollipops = well, you can guess.
We invited cousins and family for his party. Mama cheated this year and ordered a giant sub from Subway. It was much tastier then the "Wonder Dogs" that were also served. Superpower veggies, some jello (I think I'm wearing this one out but it always comes in the party colors and the kids love it. I almost never make it any other time. I get bonus points if there are several colors in one serving too.) popcorn and cake and ice cream fueled the many Superheroes present with plenty of energy for the night.
Daddy made a laser obstacle coarse in the hallway.
Grandma made capes and masks for all of them at different times over the past year so everyone was able to come in costume. Swords and weapons of various kinds seemed to be required as well. The lasers did not fair well.
True to my take-the-easy-way self I decided not make red, yellow, and blue icing (yuck!) for the cake, M&M's are much easier, (and tastier) thank you!
| Complete with "the moves." |
I of course find it hard to believe my little buddy is SEVEN already. Cliche I know, but I must still say it!
These days you'll find him kicking a soccer ball, reading, creating a rubber band something, reading, stashing the food away, playing games, reading, telling a joke, trying to keep up with his big brother or reading. He sailed through the school transition thing without so much as a speed bump and I think sometimes he keeps his teacher stepping trying to keep him busy. But at the end of the day, he's still Mommy's snuggle bug and I'll be doing everything I can to keep it that way for another 7 years. I love you SuperReagan!
No comments:
Post a Comment