It seems the only thing I post about anymore is birthdays. We had 3 in September, 3 in October, and 3 in November (all of them immediate or extended family.) We'll take December off and be back right after New Years with another one.
We joined the Parents of Teenagers association this year. This calls for special celebration! Dad picked him up from school on Friday and took him for a surprise overnight outing. The boy made out well! Golfing, bowling, Buffalo Wild Wings, bountiful junk food, a movie and a motel stay. But since this was a "male bonding" weekend the camera toting Mama was not included in the fun. And so I have no pictures. Not even on Dad's phone. Zip, Zero, Nada!
Really, the trip was his gift but I had to find a couple of small things to wrap up and take a picture of or one day my forgetful little Grandma self will wonder why in the world we didn't celebrate the boys 13th birthday. Poor boy didn't even get a cake since we choose his birthday to celebrate good report cards at Sweet Frog. I don't think he was at all disappointed to trade cake for an enormous mound of frozen yogurt and 2 too many toppings.
His handsome teenage self!
My little boy is gone
in his place I find
a respectful,
responsible,
young man,
who is
a great big brother,
has a fun sense of humor,
and many talents and gifts.
Jesus, help me to continue to teach and to show him how to be a man of God
and to use those talents for your glory!
13? Seriously? I can only wonder how that happened & I'm not even his mom! :) Tell him I say "happy birthday!" (again) :) -sherri
ReplyDelete