Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Double Digits

Someone in our house hit the double digits a few weeks ago. This is a pretty big deal you know, so even though I'm behind the times a bit it must be documented. This was another case of throw-a-cake-into-an-already-planned-event-and-call-it-a-party. We went with a beach theme. (In a feeble effort to extend our Florida sunshine memories.)


By far the easiest and quite possibly the best tasting birthday cake I've made. Hidden under that sandy disguise is a yummy carrot cake with cream cheese frosting. Mmm!




A couple of fun 'pinterest-y' details just because...


Sunglasses are a beach must! (Thank you Little Miss for your modeling services!)



Cupcakes for his friends at school. Sorry kids, it's straight from the box for you. What did they care, anything served with gummies on top is a hit in 4th grade.

As per tradition in our house, I asked the birthday boy what 10 year old boys like for dinner. His answer...."Dessert!" Go figure. His request was for chocolate ice cream with M&M's, skittles, sprinkles and hershey kisses. I did my best to comply. I was determined to hold my tongue and let the birthday boy decorate until he was happy but after the fourth scoop of sprinkles I just had to move that dish. I don't know how long he would have kept piling it on, until the sprinkle dish was empty I suppose. And just because I'm a Mom and it's what I do, I convinced him to add Cheeseburgers, oven fries and veggies to the menu too.


His gift was one of those one time special splurges.  Every boy needs a bike but more importantly we saw this as a great way to help keep his muscles loose and sneak in some exercise. We were pretty excited to find these heavy duty adult sized tricycles made by a local Amish business. 



It was kind of hard to gift wrap but it should last him forever. And sometimes he even shares with his Mom. *Grins*
 

10 years. 
 Gone.
 Just. Like. That. 
it begs a trip down memory lane.

3 days old. waiting for open heart surgery.
6 weeks old

 
Brothers. (11 months old)
3 years
learning to walk
beautiful blue eyes and new specs
Mr. Handsome turns 6
7 1/2 years old




 This boy knows how to enjoy life! He's taught us a lot and we've decided he's a keeper!

No comments:

Post a Comment