Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Friday, November 2, 2012

Inspiration Strikes

and at the strangest times I might add.


***I've been on my "knock-off Olive Garden Salad" kick for over a week now. It's my lunch almost everyday. Just yesterday it hit me, they've been missing the onions all along. It's just so sad! Today's lunch was so much better. :)



***I bought this  candle holder somewhere on clearance, certain that it would find a happy spot somewhere in my house. It's been sitting in the closet for years. I didn't want to get rid of it because I do like it. It's kind of different, unique. But it a strange size and I just wasn't willing to pay top dollar for a specialty candle to fit it. So it sat, collected dust, took up space.....


....until last week when I discovered the perfect use for it.


 plastic headbands hang over the one side....


elastic headbands hang from the curly-q's and the top is perfect for little clips and flower pins. Bingo!


***I treated the kids to "dinner and a movie" night, one evening while Daddy was working. In an effort to avoid ketchup on the beige carpet I did this. Worked like a charm! My one moment ingenious moment of the year.




***My kitchen/dining area is a coffee theme. The curtains and most of the decor is black/brown and I suddenly realized this fall that since we gleefully said goodbye to our red plaid couch their really isn't any prominent color theme in the living room either. Pretty much the only color in either room is accent pieces AND   **light-bulb moment** I could swap them out seasonally. With just a few new candles and quick changes I added a little bit of fall to my house. My fall decor in the past usually consisted of a mum and a pumpkin on the porch. I'm kind of loving the fall colors inside too.



[The mirror inside the front door & the reflection of the opposite wall.
I wish I had gotten about a dozen more of those little white gourds!]


***Last Saturday my husband mentioned in passing that an Amish lady gave him a homemade donut at one of his stops. It wasn't even that day. It was months ago. But he mentioned and I got inspired and that was that.

Mix

Roll

Rise

Fry

Devour!
Mmm. They're so good that first day now I think it's time to get back to that salad kick!


Your turn....what's your latest inspiration? I'm always looking for new tips and ideas to make a Mommy's life easier, prettier, more organized, more fun...............

Happy Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment