This is my view out the window from my favorite cozy spot where I drink my coffee every morning. I love it. The rural mailboxes. The sun peaking over the hill. The inviting porch (well, at least on warmer days than this one.) I can see a bit of what/who's passing by outside but not enough to feel intruded upon.
(I've been thinking for awhile that I should snap a picture or two. I finally did it last week while the windows were sparkly clean. I had about 30 seconds to work with.)
And then last Friday evening, we came home late. It was dark. We were exhausted.
This....
(photo courtesy of Mr. Hubs)
....is what we found in the morning.
(My heart softened somewhat when we found the note from the older lady who apologize and offered to make restitution. We had assumed it was a crazy, not very smart drunk kid.)
Since we host the mailboxes for all of our close neighbors on our property, the men in a joint effort fixed us up "for now" with
this arrangement.
The title says it all.
And while this may not be my idea of "home improvement" we may actually "fit in" to the neighborhood a little better now. :)
Apparently she's pretty sturdy. She stood up well to "Sandy."
*********************
We are very blessed. We have some minor clean up to do (mostly leaves) but no real damage here. We never even lost power. I think my children were almost disappointed. They were just so fascinated with the collecting of candles and the flashlight battery checking regime. And oh the questions a bucket of extra water can bring on.
I used to say I like one or two good snowstorms in a year but I've decided I don't think I even really like the snow that much. I think what I really like is the way it stops the world. In this case rain did the same trick for us and we didn't have to do any shoveling. School was closed and we had a great 2 days with everybody hanging out together here at home. Nowhere we had to go, nothing we had to do. I think, it was even more peaceful than a snowstorm because everybody knew we were staying indoors. The relaxing together during snowstorms has been known to get lost under the pile of hats, gloves, boots, snow pants, coats and wet socks, here.
We are thankful!
There are lots of people dealing with much bigger issues than a broken mailbox post right now!

No comments:
Post a Comment