We braved the 6:30 a.m. Easter Service this year. Ty has asked to go the last several years. I just can't get excited about the idea of getting many small people up at 5-something to go to a chilly, cloudy "sunrise" service. But with the forecast of a bright shiny sunrise this year we decided to give it a try. It made a very long day for small people who also missed naps at Grandma's house but it was neat to be there.
I was not organized enough to get a picture of all the munchkins in their Springy duds. We're gonna have to fake 'em later I guess. I do have a few
bows
and shoes
and ruffles
and pink.
Matchy-matchy, Me and my Mommy.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
My sweet husband took me to a Casting Crowns concert a couple of weeks ago. I'm not really a "favorite band" kind of person but I do love a lot of their songs and several years ago I had told my man that I would be happy with any of their CD's for a gift. He remembered that and ordered tickets. Not because he wanted to go but because he knew I did. Can you say "brownie points??" ;)
My very brave, very sweet, sister kept the whole tribe, not just for the evening but overnight, so that we could go out and pretend we were young and carefree. It was a great concert and I think I won him over, turned him into a Casting Crowns fan, I did!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
This weekend a very special someone in our house turned, NINE! We celebrated with an Outer Space Party. (And an outdoor one at that. 75-80 degree evenings in Mid-April, Fabulous!!)
Make your own UFO.
Glow-in-the-Dark Alien Slime. "Cool, Mom!"
A stubborn little girl slowly makes friends with a determined, "big, scary," cousin.
And solar system cupcakes to share with his school class.
They're actually studying about the solar system in school right now so I scored big points with the teacher for this one. Ha! Let's just say that little paper picks are one of the easiest ways to decorate party cupcakes folks!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
And if you looked for Made Me Smile Monday yesterday and didn't find it, it's not cuz I forgot or that I didn't feel like smiling. It's more like this, when it's 85 degrees and my worst problem all day is whether to have a Mango Smoothie or an Iced Coffee, I don't need pictures from other days to remind me to smile! :)
Today was a park kind of day!
A park with ducks....
....and friends
....and real trains
Such a fun place!
The plan was to tucker them out so Mama could count on a long quiet nap time.
It worked!!
For one out of three....Oh well! It was still fun!
And another bit of fresh cut Spring for my kitchen table to top it all off!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
You can now consider yourself "up to date" on what's happening around here.
I'm sure you were concerned about that! ;)
I guess the "deep stuff" will have to spin for a few more days. Time to throw something together that the fam will be able to identify as dinner.
Any suggestions??
Your first paragraph can so well sum up what I am feeling. I know I'm overdue for a post, but there is SO much going on in life and my head that I don't even know which way to go! :P
ReplyDeleteI know what area YOU live in! ;) That park brings back memories! My first memory is eating lunch there after a field trip to Wilbur Chocolate when I was probably about in 3rd grade!! And then most recent, was on a trip to PA, I met some friends and their kids there for a play date! Oh, and all the fireworks displays on July 4th as a teenager! :) Wow...thanks for evoking a little "reminisce"! :)