Last year on Valentines Day my curious, skeptical, self walked into a friend's house with my notebook and pen. When I left an hour and a half later, I was armed with one of the best gifts anyone had ever given me. KNOWLEDGE.
I had never really considered that there might be other options besides the pharmaceutical drugs in my medicine cabinet. And even though I've never been quick to give my kids meds or run to the Dr. I never really liked doing it at all. If Tylenol and antibiotics are really as safe as they claim to be, why are they constantly being recalled and what is with the (long) list of side affects that accompanies them?? On the other hand, "Natural" always equaled "doesn't work" in my mind. I mean, for real, how many vitamins would you have to take and how much spinach would you have to eat to cure pneumonia? More than I'm willing to gag down!
Somehow, with a (very) little bit of education, this stuff made sense to me. God created people. God created plants. Perhaps He meant for them to work together. And even though my husband had some descriptive words for those (smelly) oils, he jumped right on board with me.
We have always been what I've considered a healthy bunch around here. We escaped the flu craziness last winter and my kids have missed minimal days of school for sickness. But I realize now how much I lived in fear of "catching something" anyway. Child #1 starts coughing or complaining of belly ache..."do I cancel plans for the weekend"..."if this one is better the next one will likely be down"..."do I wait it out through the weekend or run to the Dr. on Friday afternoon?" By far the greatest benefit of having oils in the house is the peace of mind that they have brought me. Child #1 starts coughing...a few drops of R.C. on his chest and he sounds better in the morning. Meanwhile my trusty diffuser is busy killing off bacteria in the air with just a couple of drops of Thieves so the rest of us are much less likely to get it too. When I hear "Mom, my belly hurts," I grab the Di-gize and Peppermint instead of the mop and bucket. Does this mean that we will never get sick again? No, but I know if we do, I am equipped with an action plan that does not require an appointment with the Dr. and a salty ($$$) bill.
Not only have the oils stretched my ideas of health, they've taken me outside my personal comfort zone too. I've never, ever, ever had a desire to be a business girl. Selling anything to anyone makes me want to run far away. But after seeing how much my family has benefited from Essential Oils (we use them daily for everything from back aches to sleep aids to high blood pressure) it feels selfish to keep my little secret to myself. So while I still have NO desire to be pushy and "sell" you something, I would love to help you find the answers your looking for. Am I an expert? No. Do I know how to "look it up" and find someone who might know what I don't. Absolutely. If you're interested in more information or if I can answer a few of your gazillion questions for you, you can e-mail me at garrynrachel (at) aol (dot) com. I'd love to share more of our story. These oils really are a gift from God!
The white outside truly is beautiful but a little {Spring} color doesn't hurt either!
No comments:
Post a Comment