Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Monday, February 3, 2014

Misc. Monday

It was a.n.o.t.h.e.r. snow day in our part of town. I have given up counting how far into June we'll be packing school lunches. It is not unusual for us to have the majority of our snow days in March, we've already had at least 6. Honestly, I don't mind the snow, and I really do love having my kids home, but this "can't plan anything ahead of time, ever" thing is getting a little frustrating. There was nothing on the schedule for today though, so it's a puzzles and minecraft and snowball fight kind of day.

6-7 inches and counting...

Two weeks ago when it snowed I finally got around to the traditional "first (or fourth) snow day donut baking." I thought maybe if I (finally) checked that off it would eliminate our need for more snow days but it didn't work. Nobody complained about my efforts, however.

so. much. better. the first day!

This is what teenage boys do with snow days. For some reason he thought it cooler to fake a wipe out at the end. For this I have no explanation.



My view of today's snow has been predominately from the couch...Note to self: No matter how fun or tempting it is to give your hubby a kick in the tush on the way down the stairs, the effects of slippery socks during such an activity are not evenly remotely worth the risk. I do not know when I have been in such pain, and yes, I have birthed 5 children.  I would choose that over this for sure. Thankfully it does seem better today and I don't believe I really did any serious damage. Nothing a little time, oil and ice can't take care of.

Sure is beautiful while it's coming down.

This little project is bubbling away in my pantry right now....


Inspired by a friend and a few forsaken apples in the bottom of the fridge drawer. I figured I don't have much to lose. So far she seems to be right on schedule. This picture was taken on the first day. We're currently on day number 6.

I happened to have real cream in the fridge right now so we enjoyed a version of this for dinner. I used part half and half and some homemade chocolate sauce in place of some of the heavy cream and I did the, oh so scientific, "eye ball it," kind of measuring for the snow.

the ingredients

the results
These guys gave it 2 thumbs up.

the taste testers


This one was not quite as decidedly impressed. (Or perhaps he was just being ornery, it's happened once before!)

Wherever you are tonight, I hope it's warm and safe!

No comments:

Post a Comment