a couple of weeks ago the big boy and his dad took a weekend mission trip to do storm cleanup in New York City. kinda (just a mite bit) proud of the boy for workin' so hard to help out strangers. but I have made an executive decision. next time he asks to help clean up a natural disaster, I'm sending the boy to his ROOM.
3+ hours and a 50 gallon trash can full later...it's lookin' pretty good in there. thanks Mom! {I was a little worried that he'd be upset when he discovered how much stuff I got rid of but those were his exact words...thanks Mom, you're the best! I'll take it!!}
my feeble but generally successful attempt at making life fun while Daddy and big bro were gone. sleepover in the living room.
a couple of fun days makin' a splash in the pool.
goggles are a must. for fashion purposes of course, even if one has NO intentions of putting their head under water.
somebody was way too brave about this water stuff. really girly, lets pretend you're still my baby for a couple more
we even got to take Daddy along for one afternoon. everything is more fun when Daddy comes too!
grill season is in full swing and I am loving it. a little fresh basil from the back yard doesn't hurt either.
and just to remind me that simpler really is better. and in keeping with our super cool sandwich theme, it's make your own peanut butter sandwich day. more exciting than you know folks!
gettin' our [little bit o] patriotic on. fireworks. sparklers. friends. glow sticks.
good times!
happy 4th to you and yours!
we'll be spending ours at home as a fam. a little relaxin'. a little grillin'.
a lot of good memories!
You?
No comments:
Post a Comment