Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Projects: Trash to Treasure

Well, at least trash to useful.

I always yard sale with the promise of what a little paint can do for my bargains, on my mind. Only problem is sometimes those bargains end up stored in the attic or the barn for quite awhile before I get to them with my paint brush/can. I finally got inspired  (or more accurately, took the time) this spring to tackle them. I'm having so much fun with my little projects and it doesn't hurt that my house is finally receiving a bit more of the TLC it was hoping for back in the fall when we moved in. Most of these projects have been finished for a month or more so don't go gettin' all impressed that I did all this yesterday. I'm just a little slow about getting the pictures taken and posted.

Project A: Take this 
(found in a stash in the barn, Free with the purchase of a property :)

and turn it into THIS.
A little sandpaper and paint was all she needed. 


 Project B: Desk from somebodies yard sale leftovers free pile. (Remove a gazillion Spongebob and Diego stickers with razor blade. Paint chair with leftover paint from the basement stash. Free projects are my favorite kind!)


Project 3: Another yard sale find and some more leftover paint.

But how did this get there?
(sorry for the bad picture quality)


This
 is what happened to the high chair for now. I'm still scheming and dreaming on that one though.

************

And we've made it to the middle of July with some life and color still present in the flower beds! So there not exactly prize winning gardens but we're making progress!


Plus this little ongoing project....


...messes to clean up.
...hugs and kisses to give.
...treats to share.
...little people to grow.

******

The big painting project continues.
It's taking longer than planned thanks to
triple digit temperatures.
It was just too blasted hot up there.
But it's all better now that we're back in the 80's.
I'm super anxious to see it all finished!


1 comment:

  1. love refurbish, recycle, renew stuff - nicely done! Esther

    ReplyDelete