*cookies---would only cause fights around here.
*roses---would look nice on my table but my birthday isn't for another month or two (and I have other ideas for that. :)
*Boys--- the perfect amount for a real good time!
I borrowed a couple of really nice boys for a few days last week while their parents were on a mission trip. They just so happen to be cousins and best friends to the boys I keep here on a regular basis. It was really one of those deals where it's much easier, not harder, to have more. They played together non stop without arguing or fighting at all. I pretty much went about my usual business of laundry and cooking (there did seem to be a need for a bit more of that) while I eaves dropped on their conversations/play. I heard things like......
.....we're going to go figure out how to destroy the world!
.....can I have a snack?
......if you want to be a real nerd you have to examine specimens. (I didn't ask, I don't think I wanna know!)
.......Rush Limbaugh (said over and over, in a strange combination of their version of a German accent and weird throat noises. Again, I have no idea!)
.......how about I weigh 12,000 and you weigh 10,000.
......can I have a snack?
.....how soon is lunch?
......oh, that's what slippers are for! (a moment of great revelation when I sarcastically asked a certain little boy if his feet were warm enough. he was wearing his monkey slippers on a 102* day.)
.....what color is that green box?
......can you make popcorn?
.....chiggers! (again, repeated over and over and over and over at random times for no apparent reason)
.....when can they come back? tomorrow?
......can I have a snack?
There was lots and lots of time spent with these.
These guys spent a whole morning building this tower. They were trying to get it up to the ceiling. Future Architects?
The boy fort. I think this was during half time.
Imaginations in Overdrive! These two have got it!
And what's a sleepover without popcorn and a movie?
I'm so glad my kids have great cousins to make memories with. Let's do it again soon. Really, a half a dozen boys isn't THAT many, but I may need to hit the grocery store and restock first!
No comments:
Post a Comment