Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Monday, June 11, 2012

How to completely exhaust an entire family....

.....in one week or less.


Start with a trip to the Ballgame on Monday. Make sure it is at least an hours drive, maybe two, and doesn't start until little people are starting to show signs that it's almost bedtime. Arrive back home sometime after midnight.




So it rained and they lost but what did we care, we were in the best of company! (And besides all that, we got free bobble heads. Yippee! please read that with a heavy dose of sarcasm. one would have been plenty, we got 6!)

If the final week of school is still in session, the craziness that is parties and field day and desk emptying will speed up the process. Of course we were up and at 'em and ready to meet the bus at 7, why not?


Squeeze in a picnic on Tuesday evening, just to hold you over till the weekend.

When the last day of school FINALLY arrives, try to do 2 days worth of work in 3-4 hours and then head off for a sleepover with the whole fam. In less then 24 hours include all of the following activities....
picnic supper feasting...


building lego creations...sandbox adventures...swimming...


general craziness...campfires...marshmallow roasting...


running..bike riding...tractor driving...

 
outdoor movie night on the big screen (er, um, side of the barn. and yes, that means the movie only started at 9 p.m.)...6 little boys sleeping out in a tent...airplane rides...


picture taking...wrestling...ice cream making.........


massive coffee consumption...catching up and reconnecting.


Getting up early for Yard Sales with the sisters is a must! A successful morning indeed!


 ***Bunny trail....My normal policy is not to buy things just because they're cheap unless I have a pretty good idea what I will do with them. But I made an exception for this treasure. She begged me, pleaded actually, to rescue her from that pile of stuff, to save her from an embarrassing end in the thrift store pile.  I just couldn't leave her there. Any suggestions how to do justice to her beauty? What would you do if she had adopted herself into your home?



Early morning excursions will leave your stomach grumbling for a big tasty brunch before everything is packed up, cleaned up and hauled back home.


Just in time to prepare for another dinner party on the lawn. Again with the best of company and plenty of special treats for the visitors from afar.


Dash sweaty, dirty, little people through the bathtub long after bedtime so they're ready for as much church sitting as you  dare to brave before a sleep deprived melt down is inevitable.

Squeeze in a little nap and then head off to help Celebrate Uncle Mike's 40th birthday.



I'm guessing by now you've figured out why I haven't been blogging much lately. So much fun to be had and so many memories to be made while my brother and his family are here for a few weeks before the go back to Ghana.

We're laying pretty low today. It's our first official day of summer vacation. We stayed in bed until after 7! I'll do a little laundry, if I feel like it. I'll rock an exhausted little girl to sleep. I'll serve leftovers and cold cereal. I'll figure I still have 3 more days to cook, pack and organize before family member fly up from Florida and we head off on our next adventure.



No comments:

Post a Comment