Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Thursday, January 17, 2013

He's FOUR

Somebody here turned 4 recently.

 This little guy decided to get in a hurry and showed up almost 3 weeks early. He was a tiny little peanut, only 7 lbs. (Well,  that's 2 lbs. less then some of his siblings so it seemed tiny to us.)

 
Trust me, at the time I didn't mind a bit, but I think he may one day suffer from "I'm the least important child" syndrome because of it. Every year I determine I'm going to remember to plan his party early but there is Christmas and New Year's and then BOOM all of the sudden his birthday is here and....

So we improvise. We had friends over for a football game, 
threw in a dozen balloons, served cake at half time and called it a party.


This is just so Ethan!
(Note to self: Clean camera lens before snapping pictures.)

******

I suggested a train cake. You'll see why in a minute.
If I had known what I was getting in for I may not have tried to be so convincing.
I think this may have been one of the hardest cakes I've made.
The 3D fire truck takes first place but this is a close second.
Food coloring.
Stacking.
Balancing.
Pasting together with icing.
Adding this and that, trying to make it recognizable to the untrained eye.
  He loved it and I was okay with it in the end,
 it just took
      way. to. long.   


You may remember this.
 

A few of the pieces showed up at Chistmas. 
A few still remain in hiding. 

The rest....

....were a big hit!
 With the birthday boy and the brothers.

*******

I didn't actually do a Birthday photoshoot.
 I have these from our Family shoot for Christmas cards.
They were a few weeks early, but I think they count.
 (oops, there's that neglected child thing again! He's a fourth child, what can I say?)
 

  
Happy Birthday Buddy!

********
 
Just one more nostalgic, sentimental picture.
I think this may be my favorite picture ever.
I keep it framed in my living room.
The big brother's are not always this adoring anymore.
Glad I captured it then!
     
 
********
My weekend starts early AND I get the weekend off! 
Yup, I'm a little teeeeeny bit excited!

Happy Friday to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment