| We wash a LOT of blue jeans at our house! |
My sweet hubby tackled the project like a pro. It took him several weeks to find/collect all the necessary ingredients but it's up and ready to roll now.
I have to admit that I did remind him at one point that an alive husband was more important to me than the wash line. I had to move away from the windows while he perched 25-30 feet in the air on a ladder supported only by a 5-6 inch tree trunk. Don't worry, he was smart and cautious about the whole plan, it just gave me the heebie-jeebies! (Really, blogger doesn't like that word? Stange!)
Our springy 60 and 70 degree temps this week provided the perfect chance for putting it to work.
It's less than 10 feet from the washing machine to the back porch where I can hang everything from one spot, with no bending up and down. Spoiled much?
My excitement over the thought of being able to hang sheets out and enjoy the crisp, fresh air goodness again, is off the charts! Since my neighbors tend more toward the redneck stripe than the Amish breed they probably find me and my new contraption quite strange but that's okay, I've been called worse. Besides, my electric bill and my weary dryer are both just as thrilled as I am.
I have had a wash line like that for years!Love it!Mine is more than 10'from washer to wash line though. :)
ReplyDelete