Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Monday, January 23, 2012

Made Me Smile Monday

{a snapshot from my week. with or without words. something exciting. something ordinary. something special. something silly. just something. that made me smile this week. a memory to brighten my day. to make me smile again. even though it's MONDAY!}


Confession Time. This whole Made Me Smile Monday project is a bit more difficult than I imagined. I didn't think it'd be hard to find one thing in a whole week that made me smile. But before you go ahead and write me off as Mama Scrooge, I DO smile, sometimes more than once a week. The problem here is that #1, I have to be alert for "smile moments" (okay, that's not really a problem, it's really the purpose of the whole idea, but it can be a hang up along away.) #2, they have to be photographable (apparently that's not a word but...) moments, and #3, when I do have my camera handy and remember to take a picture, it's best if it's not the sort of photograph that's blurry enough to make my children appear to have three heads or some other similar malfunction. Oh yes and  #4, it's a best to post Made Me Smile Monday on (drum roll please!)   MONDAY!

But this is  something I really want to do. It is good for me to be on the lookout for "smile moments" throughout my week and I really do smile more on Monday when I think of the good things from my previous week!

And since I've already cheated and rambled on and on about life instead of just posting my one neatly wrapped photo, I'm gonna mess with the whole system and post several from this week.


If I HAD to pick just one, it'd be this one.

"Why of coarse, we should hang the dart board beside the commode. It adds such a nice touch, why didn't I think of it before? Just knock before you come busting in with your weapons please!" (courtesy of small dude's decorating inc.)



But the uncontainable excitement of little people who hear their Daddy coming home after 2 days on the road is hard to beat.



And everyone knows giggles are contagious! Especially if they come from a rather small, sweet pea!



But when a girl is spoiled enough to be sent away for a whole weekend to do something she loves, there is definitely reason to smile!! No worries about looking for babysitters, no worries that little people would not be well cared for. No one to pack for but me. No meals to prepare or clean up. No schedule or interruptions to work around. Just 3 blissful days to preserve one of the most important things I have, MEMORIES. 45 pages in a little over 50 hours. (That makes me smile for a moment, until I start to do the math. 45 = half a year in one book. So does that mean that one book = 100 hours per year? And now we multiply that by 6. Ouch!) I may be digging a hole here that I will never come out of but that's okay. I do it because I enjoy it. I do it for my kids, who love to sit for hours and look back through their own little lives. I do it for my Husband who says, "Sometimes my kids really drive me  crazy but every time I look back at these pictures it makes me love 'em more!" And when it includes a weekend away with the girls, what's not to love!!!

There you have it, my smiles from the week. Come to think of it, I may have needed all four of these to get me through this Monday. 45 pages in 50 hours doesn't leave a lot of hours available for sleeping. It was a "draggin' my tail" sort of day. The second in as many weeks. The first one caused by  a stunt I haven't pulled since high school, best described as "Why yes, we were still sitting on the couch talking when her husband got up to milk. Is that unusual?" The hubs said I would regret that one, I assured him I wouldn't. Pay for it? yes! Regret it? NEVER. You can't put a price on a good heart to heart with a sweet girlfriend!

Hope your week is off to a great start! Don't forget to look for your own "smile moments" this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment