Everydaymoments

Everydaymoments

Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Home is where.....

...the fresh warm COOKIES are! 

I caved! It was such a dreary, rainy, fall day.  Perfect for sweet tempting aromas to be filling the house! After 3 weeks of serving my family freezer meals and Little Debbie snack cakes, I decided it was time for some fresh homemade goodies. I had been gifted a bag a of fall colored M&M's that were just begging to be made into Monster Cookies. 



I used the recipe from KitchenCookie's Blog, you can find it here.










While I was looking for that recipe, I came across this one. I remember thinking they looked fabulous when I first saw them, but I had forgotten about them. They seemed like the perfect fall treat. Better make some of those too!

Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Caramel Drizzle
I highly recommend them!

There is one problem with that recipe though, it uses only part of the can of pumpkin. So to resolve that issue I decided to make an old favorite of mine. 





Jumbo
Pumpkin
Cream Cheese 
Muffins







Since I know you're gonna be making those rolls and you're gonna need  to use up your can of pumpkin too, I'll share the recipe with you.


Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins 

2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 1/4 cup Pumpkin
1/4 cup oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 1/4 cups flour
2 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt 

Beat sugar, eggs, pumpkin, oil and vanilla together. Combine flour, cinnamon, soda and salt. Add to pumpkin mixture and mix well. Divide batter into 9 paper lined jumbo muffin cups. (I only made 8 today but  I wasn't able to use all the filling.) 

Filling

8 ounces cream cheese
1 egg 
1 tbsp. sugar

Beat together until smooth. Drop large tablespoonfuls into the center of each muffin. Sprinkle with chopped nuts (optional.)

Bake at 350* for about 25 minutes.
 
//////////////////////////////////////////////

So now we have some homemade goodies in the house again but I know they won't last long. There are still a few boxes patiently waiting for some attention but nothing makes a house a home like the smell of warm cookies, right?
And the best part of all, while I was busy with all of that, supper was simmering away in the crockpot.


 Just a simple pork roast with a bit of seasoning but it was enough that the boy declared supper to be "really good" the moment he walked in the door after school. With a generous portion of Sweet Baby Rays bbq sauce and soft kaiser rolls, the hubster dubbed it "worth eating."

I love to cook! I love that my family loves when I cook! 
And I love that everyone is in bed for the night, so I can sample one of those Cinnamon Buns with a steamy hot cup of coffee!


It would be nice to share with a friend though!
Anyone??

2 comments:

  1. I'll share one with you, if I can have one of those yummy sandwiches to go with it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey I was wondering if i could have that recipe for the pork roast sandwhich. It looks very good!! And by the way i have been reading you blog and enjoying it!!! Thanks for sharing you are a wonderful Mom and wife!! Lisa Martin
    P.S. you can email me at lisamartin84@live.com or put in on facebook.

    ReplyDelete